Here are some interesting characteristics and technical data about flywheels in this context:
- Function: Flywheels are used to change the direction of the cable or chain's path, allowing solid transportation to move in different directions, such as curves or elevation changes.
- Diameter: The diameter of the flywheel is a crucial factor as it determines the system's efficiency. A larger diameter flywheel reduces friction and tension on the cable or chain, improving the durability and performance of the transportation system.
- Material: Flywheels are typically made of resistant and durable materials, such as steel or cast iron. These materials can withstand heavy loads and resist wear caused by constant contact with the cable or chain.
- Surface design: The surface of the flywheel can have different shapes and textures, such as grooves or ridges, to increase traction and minimize slippage of the cable or chain. This ensures a smooth and stable movement of the transportation system.
- Bearings: Flywheels incorporate bearings to reduce friction and enable smooth rotation. Ball or roller bearings are common in flywheels and contribute to efficient and low-maintenance operation.
- Lubrication: To ensure optimal operation and extend the lifespan of the flywheel, it is important to apply appropriate lubrication at the contact points between the flywheel, cable or chain, and bearings. This reduces friction and minimizes wear.
- Structural design: Flywheels can have a single-disc structure or be multi-radii, depending on the application requirements and the design of the transportation system. The structural design affects the load capacity, strength, and stability of the flywheel.
- Configuration and structure: The chain flywheel, usually with a smooth or slightly notched shape, is designed to work in conjunction with polypropylene rings. This allows the chain to move smoothly and securely on the flywheel. In contrast, the cable flywheel has a more open configuration, where the cable wraps around the flywheel without the need for a locking mechanism.
An aluminum solid transportation curve is a device used in industry and livestock farming for the efficient transport of materials in the form of powder or solid particles, primarily composed of aluminum. These curves are specifically designed to handle the transportation of this type of material and offer several important technical characteristics, benefits, and qualities:
Durable design: Aluminum solid transportation curves are built with durable and resistant materials that can withstand the loads and wear associated with transporting abrasive solids.
- High load handling capacity: These curves are designed to efficiently transport large volumes of aluminum solids. They can handle heavy loads and ensure a continuous flow of materials along the transportation system.
- Versatility: Aluminum solid transportation curves can be adapted to different plant configurations and needs. They can be installed in existing transportation systems or designed as an integral part of a new system.
- Easy maintenance: Aluminum curves for solid transportation are designed to facilitate maintenance and cleaning. Key components and parts are accessible and can be replaced or repaired relatively easily, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
SAHIVO offers curves and flywheels for various traction systems, both cable and chain, with different diameters to adapt the installation to the desired transportation volume. In SAHIVO facilities, we have a large stock to carry out urgent repairs and maintenance if necessary.